1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat small jelly-roll pan with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray or line with nonstick aluminum foil.
2. In small cup, mix together maple syrup and butter until well blended. Reserve 1/3 cup chopped apple. Set aside about 2 tablespoons of the best-looking sliced almonds. In medium-size bowl, toss remaining chopped apple, remaining sliced almonds, 1/4 cup cranberries and 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup mixture.
3. With sharp knife, split Brie in half horizontally. Place one half, cut side up, on prepared baking sheet. Spoon cranberry-apple mixture on top. Place other half Brie, cut side down, on top. Brush some of remaining maple syrup mixture on top of Brie. Arrange the reserved sliced almonds around top edge. Sprinkle the remaining cranberries in circle just inside almonds; pile the 1/3 cup reserved chopped apple in center.
4. Drizzle or brush remaining maple syrup mixture over apples, cranberries and almonds. (Or toss remaining apples, almonds, cranberries with remaining maple syrup mixture; arrange on top.)
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 7 minutes or until the Brie just begins to melt. Serve immediately with assorted crackers.