Servings: 12 Yield: 3-1/2 cups fondue Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups dry Riesling white wine OR Pinot Grigio
- 1 pound Colby cheese, shredded (4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 sourdough baguette OR 1 plain baguette, bite-size chunks
- 2 sweet apples, such as Gala or Golden Delicious, cored and sliced
1. Bring wine to a simmer in medium-size, non-aluminum saucepan over medium heat. Add cheese, stirring until melted; mixture will not be smooth. Stir in garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne and nutmeg.
2. Stir together the cornstarch and water in small bowl until smooth. Stir into the wine-cheese mixture. Simmer over low heat until thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately with bread chunks and apple slices for dipping; keep the fondue warm over a very low flame.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 439, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 670, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.