1. In a small bowl, stir together duck sauce, ketchup and soy sauce until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve; if refrigerating, return to room temperature before serving.Coconut Shrimp:
2. Rinse shrimp in cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. In a food processor, combine almonds and 2/3 cup of the coconut. Pulse until finely ground. In a medium-size shallow dish, blend together the ground almond-coconut mixture, remaining coconut and flour. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and salt. Set up an assembly line for coating shrimp.
4. Dip a few shrimp in the beaten eggs, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Transfer egg-dipped shrimp to coconut mixture, gently pressing with hands to help mixture adhere. Place on waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with all of the shrimp.
5. Heat oil to 375 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer. If a thermometer is unavailable, fry a 1-inch bread cube. It should crisp up golden brown in 30 to 40 seconds. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, allowing excess oil to drip back into pan. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined platter. Serve warm shrimp with dipping sauce alongside.