Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 10 mins
- 3 green onions
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid, beans rinsed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 corn tortillas
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Trim green onions; cut into white and green parts, keeping parts separate. Chop each.
3. Whirl chickpeas, jalapeno, garlic, white part of onion, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper in processor until smooth; add reserved liquid if needed. Add green part of onion and cilantro. Whirl to mix. Transfer to bowl.
4. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake in 400 degrees F oven until crisp and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 39, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 7, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 118, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.