Yield: 1-1/2 cups Prep 20 mins Chill 24 hrs Bake 350°F 6 mins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 scallion, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 - 4 dashes liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, cut into cubes (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1/2 ounces yellow extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into cubes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Fold 6-inch piece of foil over to double; fold up edges to make tray. Place nuts, chili powder and cumin in tray; place on baking sheet.
2. Bake nut mixture in 350 degrees F oven for 6 minutes or until spices are fragrant and nuts golden. Let cool completely.
3. Combine scallion, cilantro and pepper sauce in food processor. Whirl until finely chopped. Add cream cheese, jalapeno cheddar, extra-sharp cheddar and lime juice. Pulse until blended. Turn into small bowl. Stir in nut-spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours or up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 49, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 11, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 1, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 54, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.