Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Cook 17 mins Bake 400°F 8 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno-Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Bottled salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add red onion, scallions and garlic; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 15 minutes.
2. Add cumin and oregano; cook, uncovered, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Place 2 tortillas side-by-side on baking sheet. Divide onion mixture between each tortilla. Sprinkle each with Jack cheese and Cheddar cheese. Top each with remaining tortillas.
5. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 8 minutes or until heated through and tortillas are golden around edges. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut each into sixths. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 448, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 55, carb. (g): 35, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 601, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.