Servings: 16 Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 19 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
1. Heat oil in medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for 6 minutes or until softened. Add water and chocolate; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate melts. Place onion mixture, black beans, chilies and salt in food processor or blender. Whirl until pureed. Scrape onto round shallow serving platter.
2. Peel and seed avocados. Scoop flesh into a medium-size bowl. Add red onion and lemon juice; mash together with fork. Carefully spread evenly over the top of the bean mixture, leaving an edge showing.
3. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top of avocado mixture. Mound tomato on top. Dollop with sour cream. Garnish with green onion. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 137, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 9, carb. (g): 10, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 2100, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.