Servings: 5 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Few drops hot-pepper sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded Jarlsberg cheese
1. Melt butter in medium-size saucepan. Whisk in flour; cook over medium heat about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot-pepper sauce; cook, whisking, 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is very thick. Let cool; stir occasionally.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Process garlic, artichoke hearts and spinach in food processor until very smooth. Stir into cooled sauce. Reserve 3 tablespoons cheese. Stir remaining cheese into mixture. Spoon into 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until heated.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 5; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 22, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): 4, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 1, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 56, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.