Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 350°F 30 mins Roast 1 hr
- 2 pounds butternut squash
- 1 medium-size onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium-size carrot, trimmed, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large Granny Smith apples (1-1/4 pounds), cored, peeled and each cut into eighths
- 3 14 1/2 ounce cans chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Sprigs of fresh thyme, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Half squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Cut each half into thirds; peel.
2. Place squash, onion and carrot in single layer in roasting pan. Drizzle with melted butter; toss to coat.
3. Roast vegetables in 350 degrees F oven 1 hour, until tender, turning vegetables over halfway through.
4. Transfer vegetables to large saucepan. Add apples, broth, salt; simmer, covered, 30 minutes, until apples are tender. Add thyme, pepper.
5. In batches, puree soup in food processor. Garnish with thyme.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 146, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 19, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 18, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 879, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.