- 2 tablespoons sherry-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 ounces hard blue cheese, such as Maytag blue, crumbled
- 3 large Red Delicious, Gala or Cortland apples, cored and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
1. In medium-size bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Gradually drizzle in olive oil while whisking until thick and well blended.
2. In large bowl, toss together the salad greens, blue cheese, apples, celery and onion until well mixed.
3. Drizzle the dressing over top of salad; toss to evenly coat ingredients. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 267, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 14, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 397, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.