Servings: 10 Yield: tostadas, plus 5 cups pork mixture for another meal Prep 30 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours Cook 10 mins
Ancho Pork and Black Bean Tostadas
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or butt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Pineapple Habanero Salsa (recipe follows)
Pineapple- Habanero Salsa
- 2 1/2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pepper
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Make It Ancho Pork and Black Bean Tostadas
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with ancho chile powder, cumin, oregano and cinnamon.
2. Place onion, garlic and tomatoes around pork. Pour broth down sides of bowl.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. Remove pork to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; stir in beans and heat through.
5. Heat oil in a skillet to 375 degrees . Cook tortillas in batches 1 minute per side or until crisp. Place on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
6. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup of the pork, some shredded lettuce and Pineapple Habanero Salsa. Pineapple- Habanero Salsa
7. Combine 2 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple, 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pepper, 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped, 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, and 1 tbsp each lime and olive oil. Season with 1/8 tsp salt.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 255, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 312, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.