Servings: 8 Yield: 1 star cake Hands On 15 mins Chill 20 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 3 cups packed cups mini marshmallows (about 6 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Red and blue food coloring
Make It Cake:
1. Line a 8-to 10-inch star cake pan with plastic wrap.
2. Microwave marshmallows and butter in a large bowl in 20-second increments, stirring in between until melted and smooth. Add vanilla extract. Fold in rice cereal. Press rice mixture evenly into the star shape. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Place a serving plate over the pan. Flip, so the cake is on the plate. Remove the pan, and gently remove the plastic wrap. Icing:
3. Divide the powdered sugar between two small bowls and add 1/2 to 3/4 tsp water to make a glaze. Tint to desired shades of blue and red. Using a fork drizzle glaze on top of the cake. Add sprinkles, if desired.
Tip Keep It Neat
- To avoid a sticky mess, put some butter on your hands before pressing the cereal mixture into the pan. Even better, butter up the kids and let them do the job!
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 210, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 22, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (RE): 82, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): , Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 175, Potassium (mg): 18, calcium (mg): 3, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.