Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 2 1/4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Cilantro and Peanuts (optional)
1. Place chicken, sweet potatoes, ginger and garlic in bottom of slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk stock and peanut butter until blended. Stir in tomatoes, coriander, 1/2 tsp of the salt and the black pepper. Pour into slow cooker. Press down until chicken and potatoes are mostly submerged. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. Carefully remove chicken to a cutting board. Shred chicken, discarding bones. Stir vinegar and remaining 1/4 tsp salt into liquid. Stir in shredded chicken.
3. Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro and peanuts, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 320, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 100, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 520, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.