Servings: 12 Yield: 12 empanadas Active Time 1 hr Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups torn Swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotles in adobo)
- 1 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1 recipe Basic Empanada Dough
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, paprika, and black pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and chard. Cook until the chard is wilted and the chicken is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sweet potatoes. Let cool. Fill and bake empanadas as directed in Basic Empanada Dough recipe.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 259, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 73, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 27, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 5067, vit. C (mg): 11, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 58, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 259, Potassium (mg): 226, calcium (mg): 42, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.