Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Microwave 3 mins Bake 400°F 30 mins to 40 mins
- 4 7 - 8 ounces sweet potatoes (unpeeled)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse sweet potatoes to remove any dirt. Using a sharp knife, carefully make a series of 1/4-inch wide slices about 2/3rds of the way through the potatoes (do not slice all the way through.)
2. Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high (100% power) for 3 minutes. Brush the potatoes with oil. Transfer to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pieces with the tines of a fork. Meanwhile, stir together the maple syrup, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon. Pour over potatoes as soon as they come out of the oven.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 202, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 21, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 8843, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 43, Potassium (mg): 392, calcium (mg): 50, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.