Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 19 mins
- 3/4 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inchpieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound peeled baby carrots, halved
- 1/2 pound small potatoes (such as Melissa's Dutch Gold), halved
- 1 10 ounce package frozencorn, thawed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Heat a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Season beef with 1/2 tsp of the chile powder and 1/8 tsp of the salt. Add beef to pot and cook 2 minutes, turning once. Remove to plate.
2. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add oregano, remaining 2 tsp chile powder and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Stir flour into broth until dissolved and mix into pot. Add tomatoes, carrots and potatoes. Simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add corn and cooked beef. Cook 2 minutes to heat through. Garnish with cilantro just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 340, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 749, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.