As you're entering the final weeks of your pregnancy here are some items you'll want to check off your to-do list. Check out the related links section for more in-depth information.
- Buy or borrow basic baby gear and clothes. Print out our Nursery Basics shopping list.
- Wash baby's linens and clothes. Wash just enough baby clothes for the first few days -- if Junior turns out to be a whopper, you may want to exchange some of those tiny newborn outfits!
- Start setting up the nursery.
- Do a home safety check. Get pointers in our babyproofing guide.
- Stock the medicine cabinet. Find out what you need on our First Aid Kit shopping list.
- Write up a birth plan. See our Birth Plans and Options checklist for help with this.
- Pre-register with the hospital.
- Pack for the hospital. Check out our Essential Birth & Labor checklist for what to bring.
- Stock the freezer.
- Arrange for help postpartum, (doula, relatives, friends, or baby nurse)
- Choose a pediatrician. Read our article about finding a great baby doctor.
- Buy or borrow a few nursing tops and nightgowns (if you're planning to breast-feed)