10 Maternity Winter Coats and Jackets That Will Look Great While Keeping You Comfortable
Cold weather is coming, and if you're pregnant, a maternity winter coat could be on your must-buy list—unless you're wondering whether a coat for your pregnant body is worth the investment when you have so much to buy for your baby. Well, your comfort is always worth it, but you may also feel better about this purchase when you know you'll get plenty of use out of it even after your baby is born, because a quality maternity coat will take you from pregnancy to new motherhood.
Keep a few things in mind when you're considering a maternity coat: local weather, how pregnant you'll be during the colder months, and of course, your personal style. Will you need something professional to wear to work or something more casual for your active lifestyle?
One smart way to stretch your investment: a ″three-in-one″ maternity winter coat, which features a detachable middle panel that zips or snaps onto the coat to create more space. That way, you have plenty of room for your belly, and after pregnancy, the panel will help accommodate wearing baby and keep your new edition cozy. Later, you can remove the panels and have a coat that you can keep wearing.
The Best Maternity Winter Coats to Buy Now:
- Best 3-in-1 Maternity Coat: Modern Eternity Maternity Quilted Jacket With 3-in-1 Technology
- Best Convertible Maternity Winter Coat: Modern Eternity Lola 5-in-1 Down Maternity Convertible Jacket
- Best Maternity Puffer: Modern Eternity Lightweight Puffer Convertible 3-in-1 Maternity Jacket
- Best Maternity Active Jacket: Ingrid & Isabel Active Maternity Jacket
- Best Maternity Fleece: Bearsland Women's Babywearing Pregnancy Fleece Jacket
- Best Maternity Parka: Seraphine Navy Blue 3-in-1 Winter Maternity Parka
- Best Maternity Raincoat: Modern Eternity Waterproof Convertible 3-in-1 Maternity Raincoat
- Best Budget Maternity Winter Coat: Maacie Maternity 3-in-1 Fleece-Lined Coat
- Best Maternity Sweater Coat: BB Dakota Maternity Sweater Coat
- Best Wool Maternity Coat That Isn't a Maternity Coat: Gap Wool Coat
Another cute option is a trapeze coat, stylist Stephanie Alexis told Parents.com previously.
"The trapeze coat is great to use through your third trimester—the [flared] nature of this cut actually makes it smaller in size and provides optimum levels of warmth," Alexis says. "The great thing about both pieces is that you can use them post-pregnancy and still have them fit and look great!"
No matter what you choose, there's no shortage of on-trend outerwear for expecting parents. Tailored or oversize wool coats, bold print puffers, weatherproof rain gear, and more options are out there, and it's all been designed with your belly and active lifestyle in mind.