I don't know about you, but I shut my brain off around this time of year. All I want is a cup of spiked hot cocoa, a fire in the fireplace, the Mariah Carey holiday Pandora station—and a bunch of year-end fluff on the Internet. If you're anything like me, I have a present for you: a list of the top 10 celebrity pregnancies of 2014! No, this list is not scientific in any way, and there's no methodology to report. But there were sure a lot of pregnant stars who kept me entertained this year, and now seems like a plenty good time to reflect on their stories. So grab that mug of hot cocoa and come along with me for the fun of it, won't you?
10. Kourtney Kardashian What would any arbitrary list of celebrities be without a Kardashian? The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star just gave birth to her third child—a boy!—with boyfriend Scott Disick.
9. Jill Duggar The 19 Kids and Counting star got pregnant almost immediately following her June wedding, announcing her pregnancy on August 20—even before the end of her first trimester. More time for us to follow the journey on Instagram, thank you very much!
7. Eva Mendes The star had a baby with epic dreamboat Ryan Gosling this year. Need we say more?! Sadly, we didn't have too much time to track this celebrity pregnancy: Rumors only broke in the star's final months of pregnancy.
6. Zoe Saldana Completely the opposite of the Kardashian-style approach, this mama-to-be makes our list for the mystery surrounding her pregnancy (and now, quite possibly, birth!). She's kept mostly quiet throughout... even though we have much reason to believe she's having twins!
5. Alicia Keys In a year of naked celebrity baby bump photos galore, we're adding a star to the list for a belly-baring shot with an excellent cause: the singer's own #wearehere movement for social justice.
4. Blake Lively This gorgeous star makes our list for becoming nothing short of a maternity fashion icon from right out of the gate. We're taking notes!
2. Chelsea Clinton A grandbaby for the presidential family! After being pregnant much 2014, the former first daughter delivered her daughter, Charlotte, in September.
1. Kate Middleton What's more exciting than another royal baby on the way? Although barely showing, the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting her second child with Prince William. As with Kate's first pregnancy, the palace was forced to make the announcement early as the duchess suffered from acute morning sickness. And that early annoucnement gives us plenty of time to look forward with excitement to her expected April 2015 delivery!
Tell me: Who was your favorite pregnant celebrity to follow in 2014?
Sign up for our pregnancy newsletters and keep up with the latest pregnancy news.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock