Same-sex couples continue to face hurdles when it comes to building a family. That includes the need for second-parent adoption, which ensures the non-biological parent has legal rights to their child. I know firsthand how difficult and draining that process is. And now, as the Trump administration pushes to remove protections from same-sex couples wanting to adopt, I wonder if the battle will just get worse.
More Gay Parents
- #Obvi! Study Confirms Gay Parents Are Just as Good as Straight Ones
- Adoption for Same-Sex Couples Is Now Legal in All 50 States
- We're OK With Same-Sex Marriage, But Kind of Over Divorce
- Straight Parents Answer the Rude Questions Gay Parents Get All the Time
- Stem Cell Breakthrough Means Biological Babies for Same-Sex Couples