Mollen says 5-year-old Sid was admitted to the intensive care unit.

Robyn Merrett
April 18, 2019
Abel Fermin/REX/Shutterstock

Jenny Mollen is candidly speaking out after she dropped her son Sid on his head causing him to fracture his skull.

Mollen, 39, revealed the news on Instagram Wednesday explaining that the 5-year-old, who she shares with husband Jason Biggs, had been in the intensive care unit this week.

“I am forever grateful to Lenox Hill downtown and @nyphospital for their immediate response and aid,” Mollen captioned a post, which shows herself flashing a somber smile while holding Sid, whose face is covered with an emoji. Biggs, 40, and Mollen do not show photos of their children’s faces on social media.

“Thank you to all of the nurses, neurologists, pediatricians, residents, cafeteria staff and brave women that keep the visitor’s bathroom clean.”

“Not sure how this post turned into an Oscars acceptance speech… But @biggsjason Thank god for you! Thank god, thank god, thank god.”

“It has been a traumatic week,” Mollen continued.

Despite the circumstances, Mollen said Sid is now home “taking things slowly and recovering nicely.”

“He is also eating a lot of chocolate dipped ice cream cones and plans to try cherry dipped soon.”

Mollen concluded the post by comforting those who have experienced what she’s gone through.

“My heart goes out to all parents who have or will ever find themselves in this kind of position. You are not alone…”

Her honest admission prompted a number of her followers to wish her well and thank her for being so open about the situation.

“I so so appreciate you using your platform to be transparent about something that is so mortifying but also so common. S— happens. I hope everyone is recovering well,” one user wrote.

The Office star Angela Kinsey also showed support of Mollen writing, “Sending you and your family my love. I am so glad Sid is okay!! That must have been so scary. As parents we try out best but things can go south in a split second. Thank you for sharing.”

A rep for Mollen did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

The incident comes just a few months after Mollen shared that her other son Lazlo was bitten by a dog.

“So, Laz was bit by a dog on Thanksgiving,” Mollen said on her Instagram Stories back in November. “He is totally fine. He’s completely okay.”

While the toddler was able to walk away from the incident with no serious injuries, Mollen says she was traumatized by the experience. The actress was so distraught over the attack that she even took a break from posting on her Instagram Stories.

“I’ve just been having a… mental breakdown over it as a mom,” Mollen said in the video. “But, tomorrow marks a week since it happened. I have to like pull my s— together. I wrote about it, and I’m feeling better.”

This article originally appeared on People.com.

Advertisement


Comments

Be the first to comment!