Kourtney's just like us! At least when it comes to making New Year's resolutions. See what's on her to-do list for 2016...
Kourtney Kardashian and I are both 36-year-old moms-of-three. And... that is where our similarities end, for the most part. At least, I thought that was true until I saw her post about her New Year's resolutions on her website.
The reality television star shared, "I haven't made New Year's resolutions for as long as I can remember. However since I have made a lot of changes this year, writing down my resolutions felt important to do."
Kardashian is likely referring to her split from her longtime significant other, Scott Disick, the father of her three children. The fashionable mama went on to list her top seven resolutions for 2016, and I couldn't believe how relatable they are.
She wrote that her hopes for the New Year are:
- "To live more in the present and less on my phone." I also share this resolution; I dread my kids will grow up thinking my phone is more important than them.
- "To continue to on the workout mission that I started this year." Amen! I too am committed to staying fit in 2016.
- "To continue to strengthen my relationship with Jesus." I also hope to prioritize religion in my life in the New Year.
- "To refocus my priorities, making sure that 'me' is high on the list. (Children, God, me, family above all else...)." Again, I couldn't agree more. As a mom, if your cup isn't full, how can you nurture anyone around you?
- "To allow myself to feel my emotions." Must not suppress my feelings! Will only end up much worse down the road!
- "To give my all to the projects that I choose to take on." It's true; saying "no" to something is hard for me as well, but it's important not to take on too much, so that I can give 100 percent to things I prioritize in my life rather than 50 percent to too many projects.
- "To travel and be adventurous." Life is short, and I too hope to experience new adventures this year!
What are your New Year's resolutions?
Melissa Willets is a writer/blogger and a mom. Follow her on Twitter (@Spitupnsuburbs), where she chronicles her love of exercising and drinking coffee, but never simultaneously.