Drake is a dad! In numerous tracks on his album Scorpion, released just before midnight on Thursday, June 28, the 31-year-old hitmaking rapper confirmed reports that he fathered a child — a baby boy! — with French former adult-film star Sophie Brussaux. Previously, reports swirled that he was "financially supporting" Brussaux, who is the mother of Drake's son.
Ever since TMZ broke the original report about Drake's potential paternity back in May 2017, the internet had been curious about the details. Here's what we now know.
1. Reports originally claimed the baby boy was born on October 24, but Drake shares on the Scorpion track "March 14" that his son's birthday is October 11. "October baby for irony sake, of course I got this 11 tatted for somebody, now it's yours," he raps.
3. Before making her Instagram account private, Sophie reportedly shared one photo of her child. The shot shows Drake's baby mama with a tiny tot in an autumnal setting.
4. The baby's name is allegedly Adonis. Pusha T rapped about the baby in his diss track, "The Story of Adidon": "You are hiding a child, let that boy come home ... Adonis is your son and he deserves more than an Adidas press run. ... Love that baby, respect that girl. Forget she's a porn star, let her be your world."
5. Sophie was first linked to Drake back in early 2017. They were seen having dinner on January night in Amsterdam, and then in May, Sophie told TMZ that she had texts from Drake asking her to terminate the pregnancy. A rep for Drake told the gossip site, “If it is in fact Drake’s child, which he does not believe, he would do the right thing by the child.”
6. Drake did a DNA test. On "March 14," Drake nodded to doing the test and then celebrating in Miami once he learned he was the father.
7. The rapper flew his baby mama and son out to see him. Sources told TMZ Drake chartered a private jet for them on Christmas. The rapper confirmed this on "March 14" with the lyrics: "I only met you one time, introduced you to Saint Nick/I think he musta brought you like twenty gifts/Your mother say you growin’ so fast that they don’t even really fit/But man, you know/I still had to get it for my boy though."
8. The rapper had always planned to acknowledge his son on his new album. But he was preempted by the rumor mill.
Outside of the telling lyrics, it seems Drake and Sophie may plan play their cards close to the vest. In the meantime, congrats to the proud parents!