Unconfirmed reports that Drake has been "financially supporting" painter/French former adult film star Sophie Brussaux, who reportedly mothered his child, have been swirling since the rapper got into a war of words with Pusha T.
Drake may very well be a dad! But the hitmaking rapper has yet to confirm or deny reports that he has been "financially supporting" Sophie Brussaux, who is reportedly Drake's baby mama. Although all new parents are of course entitled to as much privacy as they wish to have (yep, even those who make their living as artists in the spotlight!), the reports have been spreading like wildfire, and everyone on the internet is curious about the alleged details. Here's what we know so far.
1. Brussaux's identity was revealed by rapper Pusha T. The French painter/former adult film star was name-checked by Pusha T in his diss track "The Story of Adidon," which has been, in and of itself, making headlines as part of a war of words between the two rappers.
2. Drake has reportedly been ensuring that Sophie "lives comfortably" ever since she was pregnant. Sources tell TMZ that he's allegedly been giving his baby mama money quietly, and payments began late during her alleged pregnancy. (People reached out to Drake's rep for comment, but they offered no comment in response to the TMZ report.)
3. The baby boy was reportedly born on October 24. That also happens to be Drake's birthday. Like father, like son? Vulture notes that Drake was in L.A. on his birthday, while his alleged child was being welcomed into the world.
4. Before making her Instagram account private, Sophie reportedly shared one photo of her child. The shot shows Drake's alleged baby mama with a tiny tot in an autumnal setting.
5. The baby's name is allegedly Adonis. This according to Pusha T's lyrics, "You are hiding a child, let that boy come home ... Adonis is your son and he deserves more than an Adidas press run. ... Love that baby, respect that girl. Forget she's a porn star, let her be your world."
6. Sophie was first linked to Drake back in early 2017. They were seen having dinner on January night in Amsterdam, and then in May, Sophie told TMZ that she had texts from Drake asking her to terminate the pregnancy. A rep for Drake told the gossip site, “If it is in fact Drake’s child, which he does not believe, he would do the right thing by the child.”
7. Drake allegedly plans to do a DNA test. In TMZ's original report, sources claimed that the "Nice for What" rapper wants to do a DNA test to figure out any possible future legalities, but he feels there's a slight chance the kid is his. At the same time, a conflicting report says he did take a test, which confirmed his paternity.
8. The rapper flew his alleged baby mama and son out to see him. Sources told TMZ Drake chartered a private jet for them on Christmas.
9. The rapper reportedly planned to acknowledge his son on his new album. Another detail from TMZ's super-chatty sources.
For now, it seems like Drake and Sophie may plan play their cards close to the vest and address all this baby brouhaha on their own time. If/when they go public with the news, no doubt the world will be excited to welcome them to the celeb parent fold!