1. Your toddler declares that he loves Goldfish crackers. How many hours after you buy the Costco-size box of Goldfish crackers will he decide to not eat anything that is fish-shaped?
3. The box of ice pops you bought contains 20 pops, but only 5 blue ones. If your 2 kids will currently only eat the blue pops and they are allowed 1 per day, how long will you have until there is a fight over the last blue ice pop?
4. There is one tiny Lego on the floor of your 20- x 15-foot living room. How many seconds after you walk into the room barefoot will you step on the Lego?
5. At bedtime, your child has a drink of water, goes potty, and hears 20 bedtime stories. Calculate how many “just one more thing” requests she can possibly come up with afterward.
6. The longest day of the year is June 21, the summer solstice. How many more days will your kids be getting up at 5 a.m. and staying awake until past 10 p.m.?
7. Your child decides she wants a superhero-themed birthday party. If her birthday is 6 months away, how many times will she change the party theme by the time her birthday arrives?
8. Your child has a slightly runny nose. How many times worse will your cold be when you inevitably catch it?
9. You will check out 55 library books for your kids this year. Of those, 15 will be returned late, and 3 will be lost altogether. How much money will you owe the library by the end of the year?
10. If you do an average of 4 loads of laundry a week and there are 52 weeks in a year, how many drinks will you need after you calculate the amount of laundry you will be doing in the next 10 years?