Pledge To Use Less Plastic in 2019
With some practical substitutions, your family can use less plastic this year. Share how you're going to reduce your family's plastic waste on social media using #ParentsPlasticPledge.
Your family can make a difference in the amount of the plastic that piles up in landfills and pollutes oceans, endangering marine life. Commit to making these four changes in 2019—and you could reduce your fam’s plastic use by half or even more.
- Cut back on plastic straws. Find a plastic-free alternative or skip one altogether.
- Re-think school lunches. Cut back on plastic bags in favor of containers or fabric lunch sacks. For lunches bought at school, send utensils from home so your child doesn’t use plasticware.
- Grocery-shop greener. Stash reusable bags in the trunk so you don’t forget them. Try to buy fewer items that come in a lot of packaging and shop the bulk bin more often.
- Buy the family new reusable water bottles. You won’t have to resort to a disposable plastic bottle if your insulated bottle is in the dishwasher, the other car, or left behind elsewhere.
- Get your child on board! Many kids have learned about plastic pollution at school and want to help!
Share how you're going to reduce your family's plastic waste on social media using #ParentsPlasticPledge and encourage your friends to do the same.