As important as it is to respect our child's choices and personal boundaries, it can be challenging when a choice conflicts with what is important to us. Autonomy-supportive parenting offers a road map for how to respond when our child doesn't want to do something we want them to do, preserving their agency and our values at the same time.
Parenting Advice & Tips
More Parenting Advice & Tips
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Being Criticized for Her Daughter's Fake Nails and People Really Should Worry About Bigger Issues
- I'm a Mom and a Pediatrician: Here's How I'm Preparing My Family For Cold and Flu Season This Year
- My Outgoing Child is Suddenly Shy—How Can I Encourage Her To Be More Social With Friends?
- How Can I Help My Child Defend Himself Against Bullies Without Fighting Back?
- My Child Feels Left Out When Her Friends Post Photos Together On Social Media