How to Make Waffle Heart Sandwiches
Break out the waffle iron for these scrumptious sandwiches that will make Valentine's Day a little bit sweeter.
Who can resist ooey-gooey heart-shaped sandwiches? No kids (or adults) we know. For extra fun, let the kids assemble their own sandwiches. Catherine McCord from Weelicious.com shows you how it's done.
Here's what you need:
- 2 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, per serving
- Your favorite toppings such as honey, peanut butter, fresh raspberries, strawberry jam, and/or cream cheese
Here's what to do:
- Using cookie cutters, cut heart shapes out of the bread.
- Spread your favorite toppings onto the hearts, and sandwich together.
- Cook the sandwiches in a waffle maker or Panini press until the bread is toasty, about 2-3 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Save the leftover crusts for homemade breadcrumbs!