How to Make Heart-Shaped Eggs
Get cracking on these adorable heart-shaped eggs, perfect on Valentine's Day or any day for breakfast, tucked in a lunch box, or as an after-school snack.
A happy cross between cooking and crafting, these clever hard-boiled eggs are both fun and healthy (six grams of protein each!). For easier peeling, start with eggs that are about a week old.
Here's what you need:
- An egg carton, cut into a four-cup section
- A chopstick
- A rubber band
- Four thin pieces of cardboard folded into V-shapes
- Two eggs
Here's what to do:
- Hard boil the eggs. As soon as they're finished cooking, dunk them in cold water, and then peel them quickly while still warm.
- Place two cardboard V-shapes into the egg carton diagonally across from each other. Nestle the still-warm eggs into the V's.
- Place the remaining two V-shapes on the top of the eggs. Lay the chopstick over the top, secure with a rubber band, and let sit for 20 minutes.