Our easy-to-make photo holder is the perfect place to showcase valentines and favorite snapshots.
- One 2-oz. package each of Sculpey III Polymer Clay in Red (083) and Dusty Rose (303)
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters in three graduated sizes
- One roll of lead-free solder wire
- Wire cutters
- Glue-stick container or similar plastic cylinder
- Wax paper
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 275?F, and cover your work area with wax paper. Have your child use an unopened soda can to roll out one brick each of red and pink clay, about 1/4 inch thick. Using the cookie cutters, cut out three hearts in graduated sizes, alternating between the red and pink clay. To protect little fingers, roll out a small ball of clay to use later to cover the wire tip.
- Stack the hearts, lightly pressing them together, and set aside. Using the wire cutters, cut a 9-inch length of wire. Holding the wire firmly in the middle, coil a little less than half around a glue-stick container. Remove container and tighten the coil so it will grip your photo or card.
- Insert the wire into the center of the stacked hearts. Cover the wire tip at the end of the coil with the ball of clay. Place the photo holder on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake according to Sculpey clay package instructions. Remove from oven and let cool. To finish, have your child slip in a family photo or handmade card.