Make these hand-stamped place mats that can be used year after year.
What You'll Need
- Pinking sheers
- Thick brown yarn
- White glue
- Various colors of acrylic paint
1. Cut the muslin into a 14"x18" rectangle with pinking shears (for decorative edge).
2. Thin out glue with water (about a one-to-one ratio) and dip a 12" piece of string into mixture. Squeeze string to remove excess moisture, then place vertically on muslin about 4" in from the left edge.
3. Repeat with a 5" and 7" piece of string to make tree branches; let dry.
4. Dip one end of a cork into paint and stamp on fabric around string tree to make leaves. Repeat with different colors until tree is full; let dry completely.
Originally published in the November 2009 issue of Parents magazine.