Make these simple place cards out of corks and bobby pins.
What You'll Need
- 3 corks
- Craft glue
- 3mm black pom-poms
- Wooden beads
- Red and yellow felt
- 2 bobby pins
- Craft paper
- Colored pencil
1. Glue together three corks to form a triangle. Roll yarn into a 1-1/2" ball and glue to the top of one cork.
2. Glue black pom-poms to the holes of wooden beads and glue beads to yarn ball for eyes.
3. Cut a diamond shape from yellow felt (about 1/4"x1/2"), fold in half, and glue to head just under eyes.
4. Cut three teardrops from red felt, about 1/2" long each, and glue under the head to the top edge of the cork.
5. Glue feathers to the back of the two rear corks, as shown, and glue bobby pins underneath the front cork for feet.
6. Write your guest's name on a fun craft-paper shape (we used a paper punch) and glue to a toothpick; stick into one of the corks.
Originally published in the November 2009 issue of Parents magazine.