Carving Tips & Instructions
Kick it up a notch with your pumpkin this year -- check out our great designs below. You don't have to any special skills to carve them -- just a template, a sharp nail, and a sharp knife. Here's how to use the templates.
- Click on the link of the pumpkin you want to carve.
- An Adobe Acrobat .pdf file will automatically appear. (If you don't have the Adobe Acrobat player, click on the related link at the end of this article for the free download.)
- Click on the "Print" icon on the tool bar. Print onto 8.5 by 11 inch paper.
- Tape the printed template to your pumpkin. (Need to make the template pattern larger or smaller to fit your pumpkin? Use a copy machine to reduce or enlarge.)
- Use a sharp, thin nail to score holes along the lines of the template.
- Use a marker to connect the dots.
- Cut the top off of your pumpkin and scoop out the goop and seeds inside. Carve with a sharp knife. Supervise children!
Carving Template: Hey Diddle Diddle
Carving Template: Dancing Skeletons
Carving Template: Lady Liberty
Carving Template: Lion