Craft these silly, adorable spiders to use as seasonal decorations.
Silly Spider Halloween Decorations
What You'll Need
2" to 4" Styrofoam balls
Black acrylic paint
12-gauge colored aluminum wire
Life Savers Gummies
Ball-head straight pins
- Paint Styrofoam ball black; let dry.
- Cut eight 6" to 12" pieces of wire as legs. (Use shorter wires for smaller balls.)
- Round upper portion of each piece of wire around a thick marker (smaller spider) or spool (larger spider) to make bend in the legs.
- Push gumdrop onto bottom point of each leg to make feet.
- Insert each leg into ball, positioning four on each side (you may need to adjust legs to make spiders stand).
- Create eyes out of candy. For larger eyes, insert pin through holes of both a gummy Life Saver and a candy necklace piece and into Styrofoam ball. For smaller eyes, use candy necklace pieces.
Originally published in the October 2013 issue of Parents magazine.