Pumpkin Porch Decorations and Wreaths
What You'll Need
- 16" Styrofoam wreath form
- Hot-glue gun
- Cotton batting
- Orange burlap
- Black adhesive-backed craft foam
- Green ribbon
- Fishing line
1. Cut a cardboard circle to cover the back of wreath form; attach with hot glue.
2. Place on flat surface, cardboard side down, and fill center with cotton batting until top of mound sits about 2" higher than the wreath form.
3. Cut 15 to 20 3"x20" strips of orange burlap for wreath covering.
4. Glue on end of each strip to center of cardboard back, then stretch all the way around the wreath and secure other end with glue. Repeat for each strip, working in a circular motion until form is completely covered with burlap.
5. Cut out facial features from craft foam and adhere to rounded side of wreath with hot glue.
6. Loop a 20" piece of green ribbon through the top strip of the wreath and know consecutively to create the pumpkin's stem. Hang with fishing line.
Originally published in the October 2009 issue of Parents magazine.