How to Make an Etched Pumpkin
What you'll need
Printer and paper
Battery-powered votive candles or twinkle lights
- Use the knife and spoon to carve out the inside of the pumpkin so that the walls of one side are very thin.
- Create a "Boo" template in a word doc on your computer (we recommend Italia, Shell, or Lucinda Handwriting font in italics). Print and tape template to the thin side of the pumpkin.
- Outline inner and outer lines of letters by poking small holes through the template with a paper piercer.
- Carve letters using a linoleum cutter.
- Light the pumpkin with a battery-powered votive candle or twinkle lights.
Originally published in the October 2012 issue of Parents magazine.