Friendly Frank Pumpkin
Learn how to make a Frankenstein pumpkin for Halloween.
What you'll need: A pumpkin, small gourd, straight pins, green and black acrylic paint, foam brush, black and white craft foam, hot-glue gun, green adhesive glitter craft foam, sharp knife, 2 bolts, stapler
- Cut pumpkin stem short with scissors.
- With a knife, cut the small gourd in half to make ears. Secure ears halfway down pumpkin with straight pins.
- Paint pumpkin with 2 coats of green paint. Allow to dry. Then paint on hair with black paint.
- Cut out facial features from craft foam and attach using hot-glue gun.
- Make two holes in either side of the neck and twist bolts into holes. Paint a black line for a scar. Staple over the line to create the look of stitches.
Originally published in the October 2012 issue of Parents magazine.