Sweet and Simple Wildflower Costume
What You'll Need
- Paper-cone coffee filters
- Tempera paint
- Green paper tablecloths
- Safety pins
- Elastic headband
- Slip-on shoes (preferably yellow)
- Black electrical tape
- Adhesive googly eyes
- Chenille stems
- Black pom-poms
- Clear packing tape
- Bubble wrap
1. Paint coffee filters in various colors; let them dry.
2. Trim filters down to 3" to 4" circles and stack three together, then pinch each set of filters at the center.
3. Cut leaf shapes from tablecloths and place underneath the flower. Repeat to make more flowers and leaves. Push safety pin through the center and leaves to secure and use to attach flowers around the neckline and on headband.
1. Make parallel stripes, about 1/2" apart, on the sides of the shoe with black tape.
2. Adhere two googly eyes to the toe.
3. Bend a 6" piece of chenille stem in half to make antennae and tape about 1/2" above eyes.
4. Hot-glue a pom-pom to each end of the chenille stem.
5. Cut 4"-long teardrop shapes from bubble wrap and tape to the inside of the shoes for wings. Repeat for other shoe.
Originally published in the October 2009 issue of Parents magazine.