Super-Simple Robot Costume
Build an out-of-this-world robot costume from leftover boxes, a pot scrubber, and bottle tops.
What You'll Need
- Large box (14"x14"x10")
- Aluminum venting (24")
- Shoe-box lid
- Plastic lids
- Bottle caps
- Pot scrubber
- Duct tape
- Office dot stickers
- Small box (8" square)
- Metallic chenille stem
1. Cut off one end of the large box (a 14"x10" side) for your child's body.
2. Cut a 7" circle in the opposite end for head.
3. Cut two 4-1/2" circles in the sides of the box for arms, about 1/2" down from top.
4. Place two 12" sections of venting in armholes.
5. Arrange shoe-box lid, tape, jar lids, pot scrubbers, stickers, and straws to your liking and glue to front of box.
1. Cut flaps off one end of smaller box. Glue the remaining flaps shut.
2. Cut an arched opening in an adjacent side of box for child to look through.
3. Bend a chenille stem to create a wave and glue to bendable straws. Glue ends of straws to top of box.
Originally published in the October 2009 issue of Parents magazine.