Use old tights and socks to make this ultra-huggable octopus costume.
What You'll Need
- Four pairs mismatched kids' tights
- Cotton batting
- Felt furniture tabs
- Hot-glue gun
- Adhesive-backed Velcro strips
- One-piece and hat (we used ones from katequinnorganics.com; $19 and $10)
1. Cut the legs off 3 pairs of tights and stuff each with batting.
2. Fold the raw edges inward and hot-glue shut. Hot-glue felt tabs onto the underside of each leg (including the 4th pair of tights for baby to wear).
3. Cut a 24" length of ribbon and glue the sealed end of each leg to the middle section, leaving no space between legs.
4. Attach adhesive-backed Velcro to ends of ribbon belt to use as closure.
Originally published in the October 2009 issue of Parents magazine.