Lovebirds Halloween Costume
Heart bellies and valentine-shaped glasses ($6 for a dozen; amazon.com) give these birdies a loving look.
What You'll Need
Felt, scissors, feather trim ($30 per yd.; mjtrim.com), fabric glue, safety pins or staples, tank top, ribbon, Velcro, feather trim ($10 per yd.; amazon.com), plastic heart glasses ($6 for a dozen; amazon.com), hot-glue gun and glue sticks, feathers, scissors, paper, pencil
1. Cut large heart shapes out of felt. Cut and glue feather trim to felt. Staple or safety-pin heart to a tank top.
WRIST AND ANKLE FEATHERS
1. Cut ribbon long enough to circle wrist or ankle. Glue Velcro to ends.
2. Glue feather trim to ribbon.
1. Pop lenses out of glasses; hot-glue feathers to glasses.
2. Cut triangular beak from paper, fit into glasses' bridge; hot-glue in place.
3. Curl tip of beak with pencil.
Originally published in the October 2013 issue of Parents magazine.