Kiddie Caravan Costume Instructions
Easy instructions to create a circus caravan for your little animals.
What You'll Need
1 large box
2 rolls colored duct tape
Seven 36-inch wooden dowels (cut in half)
Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
18 gold-foil cupcake liners
Tip! When cutting through cardboard, make several shallow passes with the knife, rather than trying to cut through all at once.
1. For a standard-size wagon (like Radio Flyer’s Classic Red Wagon), start with a box that is at least 33 inches long and 15 inches wide.
2. Flatten the box and use a craft knife to cut it in half; each half is one long and one short side of box. Trim each to fit the interior length and width of your wagon (you will later reconnect the halves to create a box shape). Do not remove flaps (you may need them to make the wagon taller).
3. Cut windows on sides of box—ours measure 14”x24½” (sides) and 7”x14½” (front and back)—reserving scraps.
4. Cover one side of the cardboard pieces with colored duct tape (this will be the exterior).
5. Hot-glue dowels to interior (non-duct-taped) side of cardboard to create bars.
6. Stand L-shapes up and tape together at corners with more colored duct tape to reassemble.
7. Optional: Cut additional flourishes to decorate the top from window scraps; cover in colored duct tape. Hot-glue on flourish pieces; decorate with cupcake liners.