Bat Girl Costume
Learn how to make an adorable bat girl costume.
What you'll need Tape measure, newspaper, pencil, straight pins, about 2 yards beige organza-type fabric, scissors, 2 or 3 sticks of 1/4"-wide balsa wood, hot-glue gun, fusible webbing (optional), iron, 2 large hair bands, beige body suit, beige hat, beige satin fabric
1. Have child stand with arms outstretched; measure the width from wrist to spine across her back and add 8". Using this width, draw a template on newspaper for one wing with a length from neck to mid-calf; cut out template. Fold fabric in half, place your pattern on the fabric (with inside of wing on fold), secure with straight pins, and cut out the wings. Unfold fabric.
2. Measure balsa wood from top of wings to wing points and break off. Secure the balsa to the back of fabric with glue.
3. If desired, iron on fusible webbing to finish the cut edges of fabric.
4. Glue or sew a hair elastic to each upper piece of balsa wood to make loops for child's wrists. Sew the wings onto the back of the body suit with a simple basting stitch.
5. Cut out two satin triangles and glue onto the hat as ears.