Delight your kids and rack up the “likes” with these Insta-worthy crafts. (You can eat ’em after you make ’em!)
These marshmallow-crispy treats are made from chow-mein noodles instead of the usual rice cereal.
1. In a large pot, melt 3 Tbs. butter over low heat; add 10 oz. marshmallows.
2. Cook, stirring, until mixture is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately stir in 5 cups chow-mein noodles until coated.
3. Use buttered fingers to shape the noodle mixture into an oval ring large enough to hold a Peeps chick in the center with a few jelly beans nestled inside.
1. Start with a tiered, frosted cake (each tier of ours had two layers, measuring 8” and 5” in diameter).
2. Press rows of Peeps into the frosted sides of the cake.
3. Add a dollop of frosting on the top and create a ring of bunnies around it.
Tip: Save loose colored sugar at the bottom of the Peeps package and press into any white exposed marshmallow created when separating the Peeps.
1. Cut baker’s twine so that it is long enough that, when tied, the necklaces will fit over your child’s head; thread onto a large-eye needle.
2. Keep a dish of water and a paper towel handy for your child to dip her needle and wipe the string if they get too sticky.
3. Tie the string ends together to finish.
Tip: Adults can use a sharp needle to pre-pierce hardshelled candies like jelly beans before kids string the necklaces.