1. Trim the tree
Okay, first, cut it down Clark Griswald-style, if you dare. Then go through all your fav ornaments with the kiddos and decorate a Christmas tree that wins the season!
2. Decorate gingerbread houses
3. Watch all the animated specials you loved as a kid
4. Read all the classic Christmas stories
5. Deck the Halls
A.K.A. go caroling. Hot cocoa optional, but highly recommended! Not up for embarrassing yourselves in front of the neighbors? Keep it indoors with Christmas karaoke instead.
6. Snuggle on the couch for movie night—holiday-style
7. Take in a holiday performance
8. Host a cookie swap
9. Look at the Lights
10. Visit Santa
Whether it’s a trip to the mall, or Santa’s village, visiting jolly old St. Nick is a Christmas rite of passage. And remember: the more photos, the better!
11. Pen letters to Santa
12. Stroll past Christmas windows
Visit your town center or local shopping mall to show your sweeties holiday window displays that will wow them.
13. Count down with an Advent calendar
14. Steal a kiss under the mistletoe
Pucker up for your Christmas cutie and give ‘em a smooch any chance you can get!
15. Find your Elf on the Shelf
Invite an Elf on the Shelf to live with you, and liven up the season as he hides somewhere new every night. (Need inspiration? Check out these fun Elf ideas.)
16. Send holiday cards
Whether you customize cards with a family photo or go with store-bought, ready-to-send options, mailing actual paper cards is a fun way to keep your far-flung friends and family up-to-date on what's been going on with your crew. Besides, who doesn't love holiday mail?!