Add some wildlife fun to your holiday tree with these fuzzy polar bear baubles. Bonus: they're made with easy-to-find supplies you may already have on hand.
How to Make Polar Bear Ornaments
Styrofoam balls transform into cuddly polar bears with the addition of yarn, pom-pom noses, and felt ears. So easy, you can craft a whole family of fuzzy bears!
Here's what you need:
- Styrofoam balls
- White yarn
- White felt
- Off-white felt
- Small black pom-poms
- Black beads
- Greening pins
- Ribbon to hang
Here's what to do:
- Wrap one of your Styrofoam ball in white yarn, completely covering the entire ball. Tie a knot at the end to secure.
- Trace an ear shape onto white felt twice; repeat, tracing a slightly smaller ear shape on the off-white felt. Cut out both sizes of shapes on the different-colored felts.
- Glue the off-white felt ear pieces to the center of the white felt ear pieces. Then, glue the ears in place on the yarn-wrapped ball.
- Glue on a black pom-pom for a nose.
- Glue on black beads for eyes.
- Push a greening pin into the top of the polar bear's head to hold the ribbon used for hanging. Thread ribbon of your choice through and knot at the top so it can hang.
Repeat to make as many fuzzy polar bear friends as you desire. Hang on the tree for a dose of cute!