How to Make Ice-Pop Stick Sled Ornaments
These tiny toboggans will add sparkle to any tree, whether it be yours or a loved one's!
Light up the holidays with these crafty little ice-pop stick sled ornaments. You may not be able to stop your kids from making a dozen!
Here's what you need:
- ice-pop sticks (9 for each sled)
- hot-glue gun
- glue sticks
- metallic chenille stems
Here's what to do:
- Lay out 5 ice-pop sticks side by side in the shape of a sled, placing your middle stick higher than the rest of the sticks to create an angled shape.
- Hot-glue 2 more ice-pop sticks horizontally across the sled shape you previously created to make crossbar supports.
- To create the sled runners, lay an ice-pop stick on its thin edge so it rests on the crossbar supports. Hot-glue into place. Repeat with the final ice-pop stick.
- Let your child paint the sled to decorate. Sprinkle any parts you like with glitter while the paint is still wet. To catch any glitter that does not stick, sprinkle glitter overtop of an empty box lid or bowl.
- Twist 2 metallic chenille stems into a horseshoe shape and hot-glue to sled runners for hanging.
Repeat to create an entire fleet of sparkly sleds fit to hit the slopes—or your Christmas tree branches!