How to Make a Gumball Snowman Ornament
For an adorable handmade ornament that makes the perfect gift, this super-simple gumball snowman is a no-fail craft that even tiny hands can master.
Here's what you need:
- 1 regular white gumball
- 2 large white gumballs
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- 1 orange sprinkle
- 1 black spice drop (small gumdrop)
- Small knife
- 3/4-in. hand-cut or punched circle of black cardstock
- Permanent marker
- 4-in. piece of baker's twine or yarn
- Fillable plastic ornament ($1.25; craftoutlet.com)
- 1 Tbs. white sprinkles, ribbon
Here's what to do:
- Hot-glue the 3 gumballs together (grown-ups only), with the two large gumballs on the bottom as the snowman's body, and the smaller gumball on top as a head. Squeeze a tiny dot of hot glue in the center of the top gumball, and add an orange sprinkle to act as the snowman's nose.
- To make a hat, cut off and discard the bottom third of spice drop. Hot-glue the cut end to the center of the black cardstock circle. Hot-glue the finished hat to the top of the gumball snowman's head.
- Use a permanent marker to draw eyes, a mouth, and buttons.
- Tie twine around the gumball snowman's neck for a scarf.
- Hot-glue bottom of the snowman to the inner bottom half of a plastic fillable ornament; hold in place while the hot glue cools. Pour white sprinkles around the base of the snowman to act as fluffy snow. Add a few dots of hot glue to the rim of the fillable ornament, and attach the other empty half of the ornament. Thread ribbon through the hook at top of the ornament to hang from your own tree, or to give as a thoughtful gift for a special friend or relative.