How to Make a Candy Cane Wreath
Need something sweet to greet your holiday guests? This easy ring of striped candy canes is guaranteed to cause a case of the smiles.
Here's what you need:
- Heavy cardboard
- Craft knife
- Candy canes (about 27)
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Cinnamon candies (27)
- Peppermint-swirl candies (10 to 12)
Here's what to do:
- To make the base, use a round object to trace a 3-in. circle onto cardboard, then trace a smaller, 1 1/2-in. circle inside the larger one. Cut out the outer circle with scissors; use a craft knife to cut out the inner circle.
- Arrange candy canes around your ring-shaped base with the straight ends of the candy canes on the cardboard and the hooks overlapping one another. Hot-glue the bottom of the canes to the cardboard ring and the undersides of each hooked end to the next cane (this step is for grown-ups only). Work around the entire wreath, making sure that the hooked top of each candy cane overlaps the one next to it while the bottom is secured to the cardboard base.
- Once your wreath is assembled, add additional beads of hot glue where each candy cane meets the cardboard base.
- Hot-glue peppermint-swirl candies around the inner circle of the wreath, spacing them out evenly. Hot-glue individual cinnamon candies to the hooked end of each cane.
- Thread a thick ribbon, in color of your choice, through two candy-cane hooks to hang. Place this striped ring of sweets anywhere in your home where you'd like a pop of color and fun!