How to Make an Angel Christmas Ornament
Don't limit a beautiful angel to the top of your tree—add one (or more) of these pretty, DIY angel Christmas ornaments to make your fir tree's branches extra-festive, too.
Here's what you need:
- 2 4" white doilies
- White yarn
- Wire snips
- 3/4" wooden bead
- Thin string
Here's what to do:
- Body: Fold one doily into quarters. Cut a right triangle out of each side of the doily's point, leaving a 1/4" point behind. This creates the angel's shoulders and a narrower point to fit inside the bead.
- Hair: Wrap yarn 8 times around 3 to 4 fingers; cut. Cut 3" piece of wire and twist around center of yarn; snip loops.
- Thread one point of the excess wire through top bead hole. Then glue the narrow doily point into bottom bead hole. Glue wire to back of dress.
- Wings: Fold doily in half; cut off lace. Fold lace into quarters and glue to wire.
- Face: Draw on bead head with pen.
- Twist top wire into a loop. Add string.