How to Make an Advent Calendar
Kids can help make this easy advent calendar to count down the days until Christmas.
What You'll Need
- Bulletin board that's at least 22"x26"
- 48 small white paper cups ($3 for 20; shopsweetlulu.com)
- 1 package white tissue paper
- Number rubber stamps and ink pads
- Paper towel
- Glue stick
- 24 assorted treats (such as candies and small toys)
- 4.5" star box lid ($2; etsy.com)
- Sponge brush
- Lay out 24 cups face-up in tree shape. Pin center of each cup to board. Leave about 5? of space at top of board.
- Cut tissue paper into 3?-wide strips for easier handling. Lightly trace the top of a cup 24 times on tissue paper.
- Lay a paper towel under tissue-paper strips. Lightly stamp numbers 1 to 24 in the center of circles. Cut out circles.
- Apply the glue stick to the rim of a loose cup. Place a treat on top of a face-down numbered circle, then press the glued edge of cup onto the circle; let dry. Repeat for all 24 loose cups.
- Insert numbered cups in a random order into cups attached to the board.
- Press sponge brush onto ink pad and dab ink onto star box lid. Let dry; hang on a pushpin above the tree.
- Optional: Line edges of board with ribbon. Pin ends to back of the board.
Originally published in the December 2012 issue of Parents magazine
Source: Parents Magazine